Dear RSS3 Community,
November has been a landmark month for us. Not only have we made great strides in development and outreach, but our founder has proposed something very close to our hearts – the Open Information Manifesto. It's a pivotal moment for us and the future of Open Information.
- Monthly monetizable API calls: 14,910,408
- We are working on the simplification of our RSS3 Node to reduce the computing resources and maintenance needed to operate a node of the RSS3 Network.
- We have laid the foundation for integrating data sources from Web 1 and Web 2 through RSS feeds (https://github.com/DIYgod/RSSHub/pull/13900). This includes for example videos on YouTube, tweets on X, articles on Medium, posts on Reddit, tracks on SoundCloud, and of course, news from the BBC.
- We have shipped an initial RSS3 Explorer which serves as a scanner of the RSS3 Network, and will keep on evolving.
- We have shipped the beta version of RSS3 Social Notifier Snap, the first MetaMask Snap that enables users to stay up-to-date on their friends' social activities. The Snap enables aggregation of social graphs from major Web3 social platforms including Crossbell, Farcaster, and Lens, thus making Web3 social truly interoperable through MetaMask Snap.
- Once we have met MetaMask’s auditing requirements, the Snap will then be able to be installed via MetaMask (currently, MetaMask Flask only).
- We successfully hosted the Hong Kong Fintech Week Web3 Night in collaboration with ZA Bank, 2square Capital, and Hashkey on November 2nd, attracting an exceptionally large crowd of Web3 and Fintech gurus.
- We participated in an offline sharing session at the Ooosh Tech Lab, showcasing Project RSS3 - The Open Information Layer.
- Our founder Joshua delivered a talk at Hong Kong Baptist University, discussing the Open Information Layer as the infrastructure for the next era of platforms like Twitter, Google, and OpenAI. This was part of the MA in Communication Programme's Digital Future Talk Series.
- Joshua also gave a lecture at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, where he decoded Open Information with students and builders in collaboration with Blockchain_AC.
- At HKFintechWeek2023, Joshua engaged in a panel discussion alongside Amanda of Serotonin, Kavi Harilela of Payment Asia, and Yang Shuo of Fosun. They explored the integration of Web2 and Web3 and its potential to redefine data ownership and the future of the Internet.
- We are proud to be supporting Paragraph.xyz.
- Joshua was interviewed by Hong Kong RTHK Radio, where he shared his insights on participating in HKFTW2023 and the importance of Open Information infrastructure and initiatives.
- We participated in Devconnect 2023 in Istanbul, and our CTO Henry gathered with numerous Web3 and Open Information builders, emphasizing our commitment to this field.
- We're excited to endorse our founder’s Open Information Manifesto, accessible at https://openinformation.eth.limo. It’s not just an announcement, it’s a revolution, time to advocate for Open Information! This manifesto is a calling for every individual who believes in the power of Open Information. It's time to stop the decaying information freedom, break down information barriers, and create a free flow of information. Read it, share it, live it – become a part of this transformative movement.
- We are eager to connect with collaborators interested in developing social dApps, blockchain explorers, search engines, or AI models. In light of one of our network's milestone launches happening very soon, your involvement could be pivotal.
November was a reminder of why we started this journey - to foster a world where information flows freely and openly. Every line of code we wrote, every event we hosted, every conversation we had, every step has been about nurturing a future where information is free and accessible. As we look forward to the exciting prospects that one of our milestone launches will bring, let’s remain united toward our goal of creating a more open, interconnected world of information.
Thanks for being part of this journey of building a future that's open for all.